A year-long study introduced TI-Nspire with professional development to 14 KS 3-4 teachers in seven UK 11-16 secondary schools. The qualitative study reported many examples of how teachers used TI-Nspire with the goal of enhancing students’ mathematical understanding.
There was a strong evidence that TI-Nspire:
- Supports the trajectory of the teachers towards selecting and/or designing more exploratory activities to use in classrooms. Teachers evaluated the use of TI-Nspire in these lessons lesson very positively with respect to their students learning outcomes.
- Helps teachers increase opportunities for students to engage in purposeful plenary activities in which the students shared outcomes and approaches.
- Provides immediate, non-judgemental feedback to students
- Increases opportunities for students to follow their own lines of mathematical enquiry.
- Students accessing mathematical content that was above the teachers’ age-related expectations.